Saturday, July 30, 2011

Challenge 2 Walkthrough (1) Preview

Here comes the walkthrough for challenge 2. In order to better cover both England and France and use my best effort, I will write this walkthrough by starting a new game and controlling both Civs myself. I will also compare the strategies featured in this walkthrough with those in the co-op game between Crossgate2003 and I (currently turn 91). I hope to finish the write-up in about 2 months (as the game is very long and I don't have a lot of time to play Civ5). Thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoy it.


1001. My plan for England is Conquest with 5 stages.

Stage 1: Spawn 2-3 cities to better support my army. Before this game, I had a run where I did not settle any extra city in the hope to Swordsman-rush the closest city state and then my closest neighbor. However, I was too poor to even get a second Swordsman upgraded! So I really need the resources and trade income from 2-3 extra cities.

Stage 2: Technology first to National College. Grab resources, meet trade partners, sign RAs.

Stage 3: Rush to Machinery (Longbow) and take down my first neighbor with 4-6 Longbows.

Stage 4: Rush technology to Artillery and take down another neighbor. Then keep going the bottom of the tech tree to reach nuclear weapon.

Stage 5: With my sea dominance, I will have easy access to any AI's capital. So I should be able to nuke anyone who is getting close to Victory. Nuke Napoleon if he gets close to victory, too. :D

Since I will spawn more than one cities, London's location is pretty much a given - along the coast so I can access Whale for extra happiness to sustain extra cities. This will also allow me to send out Triremes early to meet with multiple trade partners.


1002. My plan for France is Science victory, simply in 3 stages.

Stage 1: Settle as many cities as needed to grab resources and land. Sign as many RAs as possible. Right now I plan to pause at 4 extra cities to build the National College, then spawn even more.

Stage 2: Complete of the Liberty policy tree and take a free Great Engineer to rush the Porcelain Tower as early as possible.

Stage 3: Sign even more RAs and go full speed to Science Victory.

Essentially, Napoleon's chance is to win the game before he gets nuked by England. :D However, I wish to let England and France cooperate more on their respective campaigns. Also, if more than one AI was approaching victory quickly, Napoleon must share his responsibility to take out some of his neighbors.

In the co-op game between Crossgate2003 and I, I settled Paris right on the leftmost Sugar cane. I regreted this decision very much since I wasted a lot of gold on land purchase later on. Now I have a chance to make the better choice! (at least I hope it is the better choice. We will see...)

No comments:

Post a Comment