Saturday, July 9, 2011

Challenge 1 Walkthrough (13) Crisis


139. Alexander declared war! Greece and Ottoman now has the greatest army in the world. If Alexander pours everything he has to Darius, things won't look very pretty at all.

Luckily, from experience I know the AI usually sends out about 1/3 of its army on an attack mission, even if its homeland is securely located in a corner of the world. But 1/3 of Alexander's army is still quite a large number.


140. Thanks to contributions from City States, Persia's research power is ever increasing. But still, compared to the 200% bonus of Level 9 AIs, I am just slightly slower than average.


141. Alexander's army soon approached Vienna. My timing of allying with Vienna is quite bad - so Alexander does not need to make any extra trip but can demolish Vienna's puny defense really easily. My Cannon can get a few shots at the Greek army, but it is not going to help much.


142. Harun keeps sending units to my border, supposedly on their way to attach Egypt. But anyone with a 3-year-old intelligence knows this is a perfect oppurtunity to attack a defenseless Persia...


143. Sensing that Harun might declare war on me again at any moment, I threw 500 gold to CS Geneva and Edinburgh, in the hope that they will create a buffer zone between Persia and Arabia. If Harun declares war on me, he might shift his primary targets to the City States just like Alexander does. This will buy me some precious time to pull back my units from Spain.


144. Friends are hard to come by. Catherine is the only Civ that welcomes Persian tourists. I can see Russia is seriously dragged down by its economically-inferior terrain. Russia still managed to get an army full of Rifleman and Cannon. If Catherine throws all those 30-40 units to China or England, she should have a very good chance.


145. I noticed that Catherine has an extra Silk, but too bad she chose to export it to Harun. I kept reminding myself to rob the deal later, but kept forgetting it.


146. It looks like Persia has two friends, Arabia and Russia. I am not going to trust Harun, who has declared war on me twice while being "Friendly". That Friendly doesn't mean anything. Perhaps "Guarded" is the safest!


147. Exactly what I feared the most - Arabia declared war on Persia at the same time of Greece! How can Persia overcome two powerful and advanced invasion at the same time?


148. At the same time, I was able to conquer the other two Spanish cities. I have to get them back to Persia!


149. I only have two units stationed around Alexandria to defend. But the good news is that many of Harun's army has be bumped back since now blocked by my ally CS Belgrade.


150. Persia's total military strength is usually lower than Arabia's. No wonder Harun keeps declaring war on me!


152. Vienna soon fell to Alexander. Pasargadae becomes a front line city. And I still only have on Cannon there! This is the Persia's greatest crisis so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment