Saturday, July 9, 2011

Challenge 1 Walkthrough (15) Liberating Vienna


168. Ideally, I want the Level 9 MOD to fulfill huge battles with 30-40 armies thrown into the battle line. The battle of Pasargadae feels pretty close to it. Alexander probably have 20 units on his side and is getting constant reinforcements. I have almost 20 units as well.

With Artillery and the strategic road leading to Vienna, I can finish a lot of Greek units efficiently! The liberation of Vienna is within reach!


169. A full scaled assault is launched! Alexander's units are surrounded from both directions and perished under more powerful ranged fire power!


170. The Mediterranian exploration team discovered another City State that fell to Ottoman, Stockholm. It is too far away from Persia to talk about liberation.


171. More and more Greek units got decimated. Vienna is within Darius' grasp!


172. Vienna is liberated! Alexander lost 9 Rifleman, 13 Cannon, 1 Pikeman and 1 Great General. That was a really fierce battle.


173. Next policy - another important decision to make. Since I am aiming for Diplomatic Victory, I need as many free technologies as possible to rush Globalization. I am willing to spend the next 4 policy points just to get 2 free techs! Of course, I will get a boost of Science in the process (not very much).


174. Even with Artilleries, my Soldier count is still mediocre. Greece and Ottoman are the two greatest civilizations of this game. I will have to fight them both to secure Persia.


175. Losing 20+ units doesn't even put a dent on Alexander's military power. Naturally, Alexander does not even talk about a peace deal with Darius. The first Greek-Persian war continues!


177. Alexander's invasion has been temporarily repelled, and my main army is again freed up. Fearing that I might need to fight against endless waves of Greek soldiers, I noticed that Egypt has built a Himeji Castle in Heliopolis. With this wonder, I will be able to properly defend Persian homeland even with units one generation behind!

Poor Rameey is going to take the second Persian invasion agian for the wrong wonder he built.

No comments:

Post a Comment