Sunday, July 10, 2011

Challenge 1 Walkthrough (22) The New Order or the Lack Thereof


289. Took one more city from Greece - Corinth! I feel this is a good time to sign a peace treaty with Alexander. I have conquered about half of Alexander's cities, and my open-terrain units has great difficulty pushing further into the mountain-dominated western Greece, while Alexander's own units are heavily promoted on the rough terrain.

I sold Corinth to Catherine just to make it a more permenant scar on Alexander's territory. Alexander may have the biggest army in the world, but the AIs still have a long way to go to match human's oppurtunistic mind.


290. After signing a peace deal with Ottoman, I pulled my western army to invade Arabia to finally teach Harun a lesson. I conquered two out of three Harun's starting cities - also sold to Russia as a humiliation of Harun's shameless and clueless constant aggression.


291. Persian's final years before the UN vote were spent in an unusual calm. There was no war. Peace has finally arrived!

Persia won the UN vote with an overwhelming majority.


292. The world's new order has arrived with the promise of peace! Of course, if I continue playing, I am sure the world would again fall into chaos when the peace treaty is over. Flying denouncements, whack-a-mole wars...


293. While usually people see Diplomatic Victory as lame as the player has nothing really outstanding, I tried to reach it by being the real superpower in the world. Persia already has the highest income, but in the end I actually de-throned Alex to have the strongest army in the world, and surpass Arabia and England to have the most advanced technology. So this is quite a nice ending for the game!


295. After losing half of his cities, Alexander was running on -244 a turn! (At the lowest point he was on -350 a turn) Russia and Ottoman's economy are also seriously hurt by their own sea of units. But England and China managed to stay afloat all the way to the end.


296. Under the level 9 MOD, my net Science output is still behind England and China in the end. This is quite a satisfactory result. I only become the tech leader in the very end through a bunch of free techs.


297. China was only 3 policies away from starting the Utopia project, and England already finished the first spaceship component. I think I won the game by beating England and China by about 20-40 turns.


300. I am going to remember Egypt's vote to Persia for a long time. Ramey was single handedly crippled (twice) by Darius, but since Darius liberated his civilization from Suleiman, Ramey was forced by the game to cast his vote to Darius with tears in his eyes. Thanks for the vote!


301. I upgraded my game to .332, and found that the save game already includes the score chart. Another memorable part of the game is that the score leader Alexander collapsed at the end by the hand of his nemesis Darius. What a fitting end of this game!

That's the end of the walkthrough! Thanks for reading. I will try to further tune and improve the MOD and release version 2, and announce the second challenge once I think people are getting generously used to patch .1.332.

No comments:

Post a Comment