Sunday, July 10, 2011

Challenge 1 Walkthrough (21) World War


272. Battle contineus around Cape Town - it usually involves Suleiman's units entering but not exiting. Soon I will be able to push forward towards the next Ottoman city Diyarbankir.


273. Captured one more Greek city! Sold to Catherine. Now Warsaw feels much safer.


274. I was very surprised that Harun suddenly declares war on me (the 4th time! again while being Friendly!). He was still under attack by Alexander's sea of army, the biggest army in the world. Why would he want to challenge the second biggest army in the world? That's strategic suicide.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to pay all the turn golds for Cape Town.


275. Immediately, Suleiman declared war on Harun. Harun's sudden war declaration bumped all of my units out of Cape Town, putting me in a very bad situation. I am forced to make peace with Suleiman and deal with Harun first.


276. Recaptured Cape Town before Suleiman does! But since Suleiman is permenantly at war with Cape Town, this is not a good time to liberate it yet (as I will be unable to recapture Cape Town in 10 turns). I want to make good uses of my units elsewhere, not just camping around Cape Town for 10 turns, doing nothing.


277. My peace deal with Suleiman comes with unexpected advantage - we exchanged Open Border so I can sell Greek Cities to Suleiman now. Even better Suleiman not only pays, but he burns them!

Now more and more underdefended Greek cities is revealed. Time to give Alexander some powerful backstab! I will start with some fishing - with undefended worker to lure Alexander's units out of defensive positions.


279. Fishing worked! The AI put high priorities on capturing workers, apparantly, even if it does not need any.


280. Captured a big Greek city - burned by Ottoman!


281. Denounced by Suleiman for... no reason at all again! Suleiman's denouncement is really cheap - he denounced 3 Civs all during the same turn. A few turns later Egypt decided to denounce 3 Civs at the same turn as well. WTF is this farce...


282. One more smoking Greek city! Alexander must be very angry. But he probably can't resist the temptation of undefended workers around Knossos.


283. Knossos captured and... bruning as well! Athens is within sight!
But it is heavily defended, and I don't have any rough terrain units in this operation (they are needed in other places). I better find another target.


284. In the meantime, I made a defense line northeast of Vienna to spot any early advance of Alexander's army. After killing many Greek units, I am slowly overwhelmed and unable to hold the line much longer, and will have to retreat back in Vienna. Then I will have +25% combat strength from Himeji Castle.


285. The next Great Engineer is born in Pasargade thanks to a factory. Elizabeth completed the Apollo program. Globalization countdown: 1 turn!


286. Sparta captured and burning! Infoaddcit revealed that Sueliman does not take any happiness hit for burning so many cities at the same time.


287. That's it! Sceintific Revolution! I bought two temples to fast forward the policy by one more turn.


288. Globalization! United Nations rushed by two Great Engineers on the next turn. UN Vote countdown starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment