Sunday, July 10, 2011

Challenge 1 Walkthrough (20) For UN Votes!

Since Alexander possesses Uranium, I know his research priority is the lower route of the tech tree. This means that Alexander probabaly won't bother with Electronics and Mechanized Infantry. Therefore, I might actually stand a chance to invade Greece with an army of the most elite Mechanized Infantry.


251. The second Greek-Persian war begins! The Greek Artilleries were quickly demolished.


252. With more and more units arriving at the front line, I started to push back towards Samos. If Alexander moves his nuclear bomb to Samos, Persia will be in great danger.


253. Once more Egypt is driven to the blink of extinction. The Persian army has returned to the homeland, and traveled to the north of Egypt.


254. Gathered a good number of the highest promoted Mechanized Infantry. Ready to take Samos!


256. Immediately sold Samos to Catherine. I can't let Alexander pop any new city too close to Persia!


258. Strangely, I got denounced by Catherine. She can't even make up a reason to hate me. But I don't really care about her attitude - she has Open Border to me, so I can keep dumping Greek cities to her without affecting my advance.


259. Finally Suleiman conquered Egypt. Time for a self-directed liberation!


260. Got the first Blitz promotion on a Mechanized Infantry. With 5 movement points, this unit can make up to 5 attacks in one turn! I decided to take a small risk and advance along the Persian coast to liberate Warsaw.


261. Captured ex-Egyptian small town Giza, which is good enough for Egypt's revival. I was granted automatic Open Border from Ramey (although he hates me very much). Strangely, there is no positive relationship modifier for liberating a civilization, the biggest favor I can think of to be given to a civilization.

Suleiman has so many units on the water, but I only have one ship to run over them.


262. Sold Pi-Ramesses to Ramey as well. Just trying to extract every penny from the AIs. One extra UN vote secured! (Unless Alexander took back that city somehow.)


263. Alexander sent reinforcement to Phocaea. This coastal town is Alexander's only seaport city where he can build ships. Capturing this city will secure the ex-Spain cities south of the Gulf. Gave the city to Egypt! (just in case Ramey got conquered again later).


265. Ready to liberate Cape Town! I don't see an end of Ottoman's units, but they can't stop Mechanized Infantry from taking the city!


267. Captured Cape Town! But I decided not to liberate it first, since my army needs some rest first. So I sold it to Harun, who was willing to pay a ridiculous price for it. I don't get it...


268. Selling Cape Town to Arabia is a very good move for Persia. First, I have Open Border with Harun, so my units still enjoy the friendly territory healing bonus. Suleiman also has Open Border with Harun, so he will channel more and more of his units here to fight me. All I need to do is to move up the Artilleries and keep shooting.

Also, if Suleiman declares war on Harun, Harun is even less likely to declare war on me.

I can easily liberate Cape Town by declaring war to Harun later.


269. Warsaw Liberated! One more UN vote! Now let me see if I can capture a few more Greek cities while Alexander is not paying attention... The AIs tend to concentrate its units on the front line, leaving its back weakly defended.

With Warsaw's Cultural contribution, the countdown clock is fast forwarded by 2 turns. 11 Turns countdown to Globalization!


270. My greatest competitor right now is Wu Zetian of China, who has finished 24 out of 30 policies. Elizabeth will complete Apollo Program a few turns after this.


271. One more Great General born. Burned for one more Golden Age! The final dash to victory continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment